Are you looking for a way to keep your home prepared in the event of an emergency or if the power goes out unexpectedly? Investing in a portable generator can be an incredibly smart move as it can ensure that you and your family are taken care of during these tumultuous times. But, not all generators are created equally – having the right one is important! That’s why we’ve narrowed down the top 10 Best Portable Generator Brands for your home based on affordability, effectiveness, durability, and size so that you don’t have to worry about making the wrong decision. Let us tell you why each one may be perfect for your household needs!
Table of Contents
How We Picked & Tested to Find Best Portable Generator Brands
1. Choose the right portable generator for your needs.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a portable generator. You must first decide what you need the generator for. Are you wanting to use it for backup power at home, or do you need it for camping or tailgating? There are different generators available for different purposes.
2. Compare prices and features.
Once you know what you need the generator for, you can start comparing prices and features. Make sure to compare apples to apples, and read reviews before making your decision. It’s important to find a quality generator that will meet your needs without breaking the bank.
3. Buy the best portable generator you can afford.
Now that you’ve decided on the right generator for you, it’s time to make the purchase. Remember, you get what you pay for in life, so don’t skimp on this important purchase. It’s worth spending a little extra to get a quality product that will last you for years to come.
4. Learn how to operate your new portable generator safely.
Before using your new portable generator, it’s important to learn how to operate it safely. Read the owner’s manual thoroughly and make sure you understand all the safety precautions. Never operate the generator in an enclosed space, as this can be extremely dangerous.
and The Winners Are:
(From #1 to #10)
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP13000EH is powered by a 500cc OHV Duromax Engine. Engine Speed-3600 RPM. Wheel Diameter-10-Inches .With Gasoline : Peak Wattage - 13,000., Running Wattage - 10,500., Running Amperage at 120V - 87.5., Running Amperage at 240V - 43.75., Runtime at 25% Load - 17., Runtime at 50% Load - 8With Propane : Peak Wattage - 12,350., Running Wattage - 9,975., Running Amperage at 120V - 83.13., Running Amperage at 240V - 41.56., Runtime at 25% Load - 13., Runtime at 50% Load - 6Please read the detailed safety instructions in the manual before operating.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home conditioners and high amperage power tools.
- MAXIMUM POWER: The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 1 120/240V 50A heavy duty outlet, 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet, 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet, and 2 120V 20A household outlets.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP13000EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
- ULTRA-QUIET – 40% Quieter than Honda* Advanced inverter technology and enclosure design provide optimal quiet performance (* Over 5 dB(A) quieter than the EU3000is, based on independent third-party testing)
- Ideal for work or play - durable steel enclosure, clean inverter power and easy portability make this the ideal generator for jobsites or recreational activities
- 16% more power than Honda, Featuring power rush advanced technology.Rated AC Frequency:60 Hz
- Digital smart lcd - digital wattage meter, run time remaining display, generator status, hour meter and fuel level
- USB ports - charge mobile devices including smartphones and tablets
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. VFT display gives you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
- Switch between gasoline (11,000 surge watts, 8,300 running watt) and propane (9,500 surge, 7,500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 457cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 6.6-gallon tank provides up to 8.5 hours of half load run time
- Includes four 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V 30A twist lock outlet (L5-30R), a 120V/240V 50A outlet (NEMA 14-50R), a 12V DC cigarette-lighter-style plug, a bottle of oil, a 47-inch LPG connection hose, and a two-year warranty
- Switch between gasoline (4750 surge watts, 3800 running watt) and propane (4350 surge, 3500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 224cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 4-gallon tank provides up to 11 hours of half load run time
- Includes two 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V/240V NEMA 30A twist lock (L14-30R), a 12V DC cigarette-lighter-style plug, a bottle of oil, a wheel and handle kit, a 47-inch LPG connection hose, and a 2-year warranty
- Ultralight body weighs in at a mere 39 pounds for easy transport and storage .Designed to mirror a pure sine wave, this generator limits total harmonic distortion to under 0.3 percent at no load and under 1.2 percent at full load, making it safe to run laptops, cellphones, monitors, tablets and other sensitive electronics.Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle, two 5V USB ports, and a two-year warrantyMaximize fuel economy by engaging the eco-mode switch. This allows the generator's engine to automatically adjust its fuel consumption as items are plugged into and unplugged from the panel, preventing the unnecessary usage of gasoline.
- Extremely quiet operation comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Produces 2350 surge watts and 1900 rated watts of clean power for safe charging of sensitive electronics (phones, tablets, televisions, computers, etc.)
- Our 79cc 4-stroke OHV engine operates at an extremely quiet 51 decibels at quarter load, quieter than a window air conditioner or the average conversation.
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- 3600 Running Watts and 4650 Peak Watts; Recoil Start; 4 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge; Up to 14 Hours of Run Time Per Tank
- Features One 5–20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle, One RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp Receptacle, and One L5-30R 30 Amp Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- Powered by a 212cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed By 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage and Nationwide Customer Service Network
Things To Consider When Chosing Best Portable Generator Brands:
1. What to Look for When Buying a Portable Generator
When shopping for a portable generator, there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind. First, consider the type of fuel the generator uses. Gasoline generators are typically less expensive than diesel or propane models, but they can be more difficult to operate and require more maintenance. Diesel and propane generators are more expensive upfront, but they're usually more durable and easier to operate.
2. Choose the Right Size
Another important consideration is the size of the generator. You'll want to make sure that the generator you choose is powerful enough to meet your needs. portable generators are available in a variety of sizes, from small models that can power a few appliances to larger models that can power an entire home.
3. Consider Your Budget
Of course, one of the most important considerations is your budget. Portable generators can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. It's important to find a model that fits your needs and your budget.
4. Read Reviews
Finally, be sure to read reviews before purchasing a portable generator. This will help you get an idea of the pros and cons of different models and brands.
In this guide, we've shown you the 10 Best Portable Generator Brands on the market for a variety of needs. We hope that our reviews and buying advice have helped you choose the perfect model for your needs. Be sure to check out today's deals for the latest discounts on these and other great products!